These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Westward 2: Heroes of the Frontier Forum

Walkthrough

The White Way, The Wong Way I have...

The White Way, The Wong Way

I have stopped the building fires and sent the towns folk to collect all the stashes in the area, however my hero can't get through the bandits. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanx in advance

By lucy
04/16/2008
You may have to go back to an earlier saved version of your game to get more gunslingers and deputies to come with you.

Have you built the beehives yet? If you do, a BEAR will join you on the White Way, Wong Way adventure! The bear kicks serious butt!!!
By hawaiianbb
04/16/2008
Beehives? I haven't see that part yet....

By lucy
04/16/2008
Yup! That's cuz it's a SECRET! :D There are four secret things you can unlock. The beehives is one of em. I just put it in the guide I wrote but here's what you do:
1) Unlock the flower pots and plant 10 of em.
2) when you do, you'll unlock a beehive!
3) Build a beehive and a bear will appear!
4) The bear will go with you on quests along with your Gunslingers and do serious damage!
5) I don't know what happens if the bear dies tho b/c I used health kits on it so it wouldn't

Plus... Did you see the Sasquatch?!?
I don't remember how I made him appear but he ran away before I could do anything else.
By hawaiianbb
04/17/2008
That's so kewl! Thanks for sharing that secret!
I have seen the Sasquatch. He was in a pile of leaves doing that Snake quest, but he just ran away.

By lucy
04/17/2008
Here's another SECRET!
On your Main town in Gunslinger gulch near the top of the screen there is an area dug out in the ground that has 3 - 4 cow skulls in it. For S & G's, I tried to build an outhouse in there but it sinks into the soft ground!

Try building a well there instead and see what happens! =)

By txvixen
04/17/2008
I've planted like 20 flower pots and no beehive yet :(

By lucy
04/17/2008
Really? Are you in your main town?
I planted 10 and a window popped up that said something like "All the flowers are going to attract bees." Then I did another side quest and I noticed I had the ability to build beehives so I built one when I got back to my main town and POOF! There was the bear!
By hawaiianbb
04/17/2008
To get back to the main topic, to get through this quest, I saved one gunslinger or other hired gun in a safe place. Your "hero" won't die. S/he will heal and keep fighting. I ended up doing dishes while this process takes long if you do it this way.

And back to the bear....I planted the ten, but no bear for me either :( Do they need to be planted a particular way?

By lucy
04/17/2008
Wow... That is so weird! I just got another bear in the "Capture Mr White" quest. I had a settler build 10 flowerpots all over the place and she kept saying "This is a BEARY good idea!" as soon as the 10th pot was built, I got an alert that my hero wanted to speak with me... he said "All these flowers are going to bring bees!" Then I highlighted a settler and clicked on the "build" icon... sure enough, the beehive was there so I built 3 (which is the most you can have) I added a +9 food to my town and the bear arrived after the first one was done.

Plus - the bear was SUPER helpful in that last quest!

By hawaiianbb
04/17/2008
AHHHHH!!!! My hero had a "!" sign on her before I built the flower pots. I just went to her and clicked and there was the "Bee Hive Help" on her menu. I've been saving a couple quests to do with the bear. Now that I'm gonna go build the hives, I can finally get rid of some of the exclaimations!

By lucy
04/17/2008
YAY!!!
LOL! I was starting to wonder if maybe I was special and no one could get the bear but me! ;D hee hee!

By txvixen
04/17/2008
I went back to a previous save and did the flowers in the main town and got my bear. Unfortunately, he didn't move to the quests with me.
By charis
04/20/2008
Slightly unrelated bt HELP!!! ive done tornado valley and white way wong way but havent been offered cakey makey bakery thing!! how do i get that??
By chachi79
04/23/2008
I think the bear is really helpful in the White Way, Wong Way quest, but I prefer just having a boat-load of gunslingers/deputies. You can have more than 3 deputies if you build additional Sheriffs Stations. Likewise, you can hire additional gunslingers by building additional Saloons. If you're strapped for cash, try fighting some of the bad guys up in the North with your Hero. They usually drop gold and since your Hero can't die, it's like free money. Or, you can try completing the other side quests, such as the Outpost missions. You also might want to get the Blacksmith and Gun upgrade.

@Charis: The Bakery quest came before the White Way, Wong Way quest for me. Perhaps you missed it?

I'll post more about beehives and bears in the Strategy section here.
By bccdmmom
09/03/2011
My bear took a lot of damage and I would like to heal him. He has three boxes, like he can carry health kits, dynamite etc but when I go to the general store and buy a health kit, it goes to the hero and only the hero can use it. How do I heal the bear? Thanks
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.